The CCHRC, jointly with the Central South University Human Rights Center, the National High-Level Think Tank Wuhan University Institute of International Law, has organised the International Seminar on International Human Rights Mechanisms from a Cross-cultural Perspective in Changsha, China on December 8, 2019. The seminar was attended by appr. 70 participants from all continents. The papers presented at the seminar were grouped under four main topics:
- Global Human Rights Governance from a Cross cultural Perspective
- Building a Global Community of Shared Future and Global Human Rights Governance
- Developing Countries and International Human Rights Mechanisms
- Western Countries’ Human Rights Diplomacy Trend and International Human Rights Mechanisms
- Reform of International Human Rights Mechanisms from a Cross cultural Perspective
A salient feature of the CCHRC delegation to this seminar was the high number of young scholars, for several of whom this was their first visit to China.